Calling all moms that know cars (or their husbands/SOs)

We have a 2002 Dodge Neon. It's officially a piece of crap lol. It's the only car we have, so we're kinda screwed without it. No way for hubby to get to work, or to go get food for us and the kids....crappy situation. Anyway...here's the deal. So today hubby was leaving to go run some errands and what not. He made it down the driveway, and then I heard something weird, and saw him moving slowly...it sounded like he had hit something and it was dragging under the car...well...the car is sitting on the side of the road on our street right now because what happened was the back passenger side tire stopped moving. It's just stuck. All three other tires turn...but this one just drags. We have no idea what's wrong or what we're gunna do. Any ideas would be great. We're kinda screwed because we have no way for him to get to work tomorrow and he drives our car for his work...so it's not like he could just get a ride there. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Travel

• you need to get the tires rotated...the traction locked
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 6:45 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Could be a wheel bearing seized or the brake locked.
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 7:41 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I also have a 2002 dogdge neon crap and this happened to me last fall when i went to leave work. had to have it towed to a garage and it was my break had locked on and something with the emergancy break. cost me like $300 new breaks and lines all around.
    logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• brakes or rotors...i had a stratus and always had problems iwth the wheels
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• or it could be ball joints- you will have to get it looked at.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2010