What would you do if your husband did this?

I have been under a lot of stress lately. My husband is very sensitive. When things get rough he freaks out and I always have to be the strong one. If I get stressed I can't count on him to be there. He is a good guy, but he just isn't ever the strong one. So anyway, I have been critical of him today. He told me I was being rude and I got defensive. But then I stopped, and told him I was sorry and why I was being that way. He flipped out on me and said I was a bitch. He said all I do is get mad at him and jump all over him. I tried to say that it was just one mistake and I tried to correct it. But he said he didn't care at all. I needed to say sorry faster. So he screams at me, stops the car and takes off walking down the road. After a few minutes I drive up to where he is and ask him to get in so we can talk. He gets in the backseat and tells me to take him to his uncles house. He says he never wants to see me again. Now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow! He's really acting like a child. I'd make him a warm bottle of milk and put him down for a nap!
    Anonymous

• OP...Now he is saying he had to act that way. I made him do it becuase I was rude. I said I know I was rude but I tried to correct it and did not make him do that. For a long time he argued that it was my fault. Now he is calm and said he is sorry. He said he just hates to be criticized and he wants me to be gentle with him. I am usually always so gentle and way accomodating to his needs. Sometimes I just need a little understanding for my stress though.
    Anonymous

• OP...I know I should work on being able to get rid of my stress so I don't turn to him and act that way bc he won't be supportive...but am I seriously deserving all of this? He said I was and idiot and a maniac too.
    Anonymous

• Well, it's not about what you 'deserve' it's about his feelings. He feels a certain way and it has nothing to do with what's fair or whose fault it is. You can't change the man, you can only change your own behavior. Maybe counseling?
    Anonymous

• First he is acting abusive. Telling you, you only can be nice to him and know other way. I would have droped him off at his uncles house and told him not to come back home. He is being immiture.

Answer by louise2 at 7:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• OP: I am not trying to change him. I am asking if his behavior is justified because I was rude? Even thoughI tried to make amends it was not good enough. He gets so over emotional about things. We talked about it some more and he said he wants me to take his hand and be nice to him if he does something I don't like. I care for him and look out after his feelings but I have my own stuff going on too and just don't feel like I have the energy to baby him that much. I mean I listen to him, i give him advice, I am understanding but after a while I need him to stop complaining to me.So, I tell him that asserively, without being aggressive and he hates it. So when I get stressed out he just ignores me and what is going on unless he can fix it for me. So I am alone and it bothers me.
    Anonymous

• He sounds a bit off balance.
    Anonymous

• Seems to me that he is immature, expecting you to be his momma, comfort him, bend over backwards for him, but he can never be understanding of you. Ask yourself: Do we fight more than we get along? Do I always have to placate him? If you are the only adult in the house then you could try counseling or else tell him to grow up or leave. I hate guys who have a dick but no balls.
    lilystar

Answer by lilystar at 7:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• OMY he is very childish and needs a reality check. Sorry you had to go through that hun. If my fiance did that i would have let him walk. Sorry but when im stressed i need my man to be there for me not make things worse
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• sounds like you married a chick! he can't take you losing it once in awhile?we all do,we get stressed too.
    Anonymous