Why are people harping on Kate Gosselin for being a mom on DWTS but not the other celebs (Brooke Burke) who have kids?

People are like 'she's such a horrible mom' but Brooke Burke has kids, one who is only 2!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:43 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• bc she's a drama queen who just wants attention. she is not a nice lady in general. She doesn't care about her kids, just herself.
    Anonymous

• it's not that she has kids, it's that she's a B!TC#! Have you even watched the show???
    Anonymous

• I watched the show, and I really don't think she was a bitch. Okay, she was, but c'mon, she was married to a wet blanket! She didn't have a choice, if she wanted him to take care of anything... Personally, I think people are being too hard on her. She's doing what she can to provide for her family. And for those who say "let her get a regular job", really? If you had a choice between being a nurse (with hours probably less conductive to being with her kids than what she's doing now) or doing what she's doing and making a lot more money, what would you do?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• its that THAT shes has kids..its that she has EIGHT kids. And shes a "single" mom. So while shes away dancing, where are her children? Oh, left with nannies..great. Even though not too long ago she was worried about making her house payment. How is she going to pay the nannies?
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 6:58 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• mrsjosey1018200, if she worked as a nurse, would she magically NOT need nannies? Or would you rather she was a SAHM with no income? Seriously, THINK! She's gone from Sunday night till Tuesday night, and she's with her kids the rest of the time. Sounds like she's actually spending more time with them than your average working mom...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• And by the way, you do realize she IS getting paid for this, right?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I agree with first poster. I could care less if she is home with her kids or not, I am just sick of her and sick of her woe is me attitude. Jon may be an idiot but it takes two to ruin a marriage. I wish her and her family would just go away, their 15 minutes is up!
    newmomma14

Answer by newmomma14 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• she is gone 2 days out of the week, if you add up what moms who work 40 hours a week plus travel it is just about the same, except they don't make 100,000 in 12 weeks
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• She's awesome and I love her. I think it's great that she's out there trying to get in the game and make money to support her family. Everyone's just pissed that she's not a stay at home mom, but last time i check those 8 mouths don't feed themselves.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:35 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• * for the first few posters* ... so its because she is a b**** ...but I guess all of the other moms on tv are sweethearts right?

technically it is a job...she is getting paid for it...... if she went off of tv, she would still be followed and pictures would be taken of her, she just wouldnt get paid..........and she would have to find a "regular" job...and because of how many kids she has, you know she would get govt support....then everyone would be complaining about that !

not onyl that but when you say, why isnt she with the kids instead of * whatever she is doing at that moment* .... maybe their loser dad is actually spending time with them at that time.... when he is doing soemthing without the kids ...no one is ever like, OMG why isnt he with his kids right now, he is horrible
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010