what are your plans for spring break?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well my plans for my kids spring break include finding any free things we can do. I know for sure we will be hanging out at home alot. DD and I will take walks to the park and pond quite often, the boys will get to play their video games for a limited time, then we will be doing things like spring cleaning, baking and cooking, maybe some gardening (my middle child LOVES to plant things), and of course Easter Sunday we will have a nice day at home, make a great meal, get Easter baskets, all that fun stuff.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• RELAXATION!!!!! If the weather is nice, trips to the park.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:17 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I wish I could relax, but my case is reverse.
    I'm a full time working mom and every vacation/break means more expense in child care.
    By the way, I already paid $ 390 for my two boys for the week of spring break ; (

Every no-school day is a worry for me.
    dalemas

Answer by dalemas at 10:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• already had spring break, it didn't go as planned - oh well
    Anonymous

• $390! sigh...that's a lot! well, I am a stay at home mom and I also do some online work at home. It's great that you can multitask and all that. Having kids is fun but it's not easy. I have to think of activities for them when they are home. I can't just let them watch tv or play the computer. I'll feel guilty. That means more work for me. Lots of cleaning up, too. But I do enjoy having the kids around. They are actually looking forward to spending time with me at home. I already thought of activities as per advice from them, too: trips to the playground, feed the birds by the lake, go to the beach, play board games at home, learn a foreign language, polish up on their math, paint, bake, go to the library, dance, sing, do a science project and watch movies at home... I do hope we won't end up just watching movies at home. lol
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 4:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• We had our spring break and we flew to Houston, TX. We went to see the space center and NASA. Saw the astronauts, scientists, and engineers at work. Then we went to the Houston Zoo and took time to look and learn about all the animals we were interested in. Ate at some great Mexican restaurants. My son was excited that so many people were speaking Spanish just as much as people were speaking English. We had a few days to relax when we came home. The park, chalk drawings outside in the driveway, and sleeping in.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• spring cleaning and a trip to Disney Land
    madimoma

Answer by madimoma at 2:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I don't get spring break, my kids are too young to be in school yet. Since I am taking online college, I don't get a break either. :( But for all the momma's who get to have one, enjoy it!!
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 3:11 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• Even though it's spring break, my daughter's school sends home a spring break packet to work on.. That's no fun! Hopefully we can squeeze in some fun time...
    Tarrasplaze

Answer by Tarrasplaze at 6:20 PM on Mar. 25, 2010

• My girls are going with my SD and her mom and step dad to Myrtle Beach. I am working and staying at home with my DH and our two sons. I just bought a Golden Retriever puppy and I get to pick him up on Saturday, so I am sure his fluffy ass will keep me busy too.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:42 AM on Apr. 1, 2010