Ughhh! My daughter

My daughter is 10 and homeschooled. She has dyslexia, which has made reading and writing hard for her. I've been working with her, having her read to me. She still will write sentences like - It wus gud to see my frens. Does anyone else have this issue? Any words of encouragement or advice would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and places like Sylvan are out of the question because of the cost. I just want to know my little girl will be okay:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• you should have a teacher to contact of any problems with any subjects. I did when I homeschooled my daughter 6 years ago. She was a super help!!
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 8:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My school district evaluated homeschoolers that are suspected to have/have learning disabilities. There are homeschooling groups here and on mothering.com; mothering also has tribes according to geographical area; you really need more specific help.
    Anonymous

• Maybe for your daughters sake, get her in a REAL school..where they know what theyre doing.
    Anonymous

• Maybe there is a hooked on phonics type of thing for an older age group that may help you. I'm not sure what to say on this, sorry.
    Anonymous

• I'm dyslexic. I taught myself to read by looking in a mirror. There are still a lot of words the give me trouble but I am a strong reader. I wanted to learn to read so I could read books on things that I had intrest in. My mom was tricky that way, she bought a bunch of books on horses, read them and talked to my dad about how much she learned!
    Anonymous