I was given Z-pak to treat my cold and strep. Will it really help with Strep? I normally am given Penicillen for strep.Thanks Linda

Asked by Mamasluvin at 7:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Health

• Yes, a Z-pac is standard treatment for alot of Dr.'s to use for strep. Hope you feel better soon!

Answer by vbruno at 7:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• It should work! Zithromycin is a fairly strong antibiotic and works faster than penecillin. I know what you're thinking, penecillin is just the old stand-by, but give the Z-Pack a try.

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• The best part of the Z-pack is you only take two pills the first day and one each for the next 4. It continues working for 10 days. Dr's love the Zithromax because ppl tend to be more compliant with the treatment schedule, when they are they see less recurrent infections. Less recurrant infections mean less 'superbugs' grow.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2008