Curious and funny question about H/C bill... The logic makes sense, but will it work?

Now if the H/C bills doe not take affect until 2014. Then can we simple not re-vote him in then the next pres. who hopefully is more intelligent can simple reform the bill. Would this work what do you think?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 7:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The bill can be repealed, but it will take a 60% majority vote. It's not an easy task, but it can be done.. If the dems continue the way they are going, then the republicans just may get that majority in November.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• LOL
    I was aactualy wondering about that even before it got passed.
    It will be intersting to see.
    I am curious as to WHY it does not go in to affect for 4 more years.
    Anonymous

• It takes some doing, but bills can be repealed. The last bill to be repealed was in the 80's and had to do with social security.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I am curious as to WHY it does not go in to affect for 4 more years.

Dh thinks he is trying to insure re-election.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No, they have to collect enough money from the increased taxes that they will be collecting from the higher tax brackets to cover the costs. A lot of the rules, including the one that makes it mandatory to have insurance start in 6 months. Just an FYI - I'm uninsurable due to pre-existing conditions. The rule that requires insurance companies to insure me anyway begins in 2014, but I'm required to have insurance in 6 months. How stupid is that?

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think he did that on purpose. Because he wants to make a mark but can't because lets be honest his only legacy is his skin color. So he did something shocking, something that would be written in history book but isn't obligated to follow through and can blame the failed bill on the next administration.
    Anonymous

• It could also be that he knows how miserably this will fail, so it didn't want to be in office to get the blame for it.
    Anonymous

• Actually I just talked to a PA case worker and the only thing that takes affect now is children and elderly will be put on Medicaid. They are not decided on the forceful insurance effect date as of now all details on that and the rest are being hashed out and nothing is Final until 2014. Which yes means don't vote for Obama and vote for some on who does like the bill and it disappears. WooHoo! How ever any one approve for Medicaid that previously was not will still receive coverage even if it was not put into effect yet your approval stays.
    Anonymous

• Is English your second language? If not, I don't think you have any room to insult someone's intelligence.
    Anonymous

Who is insulting any one. Please don't cause fights.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 23, 2010