Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel (Fisher-Price, Hasbro)?

Hi,
I am conducting a research project for school and have chosen LeapFrog Enterprises. I would be grateful if you could answer a few questions.

1)Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel which sells under the Fisher-Price and Hasbro brands? e.g. advertisement, pricing, quality, etc. 2) Where did you first hear about LeapFrog? (magazines, internet, friends, etc). 3) What could they do better to gain popularity amongst consumers? 4) Would you recommend their products?

NYStateofMind

Asked by NYStateofMind at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• 1. I guess because it's not as well known as those other brands. It's newer. I don't see as many advertisements for leapfrog anymore than I do the other brands
    2. I first saw Leapfrog stuff in the store. Toys R Us to be exact. I fell in love with them.
    3. IDK
    4. Yes I would. I own a few of the LeapFrog products and love them. My mom actually bought my DD the Optic pen one for chirstmas and my SO and I bought her an extra book. I'm all for learning stuff.
    NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 10:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• 1)Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel which sells under the Fisher-Price and Hasbro brands? e.g. advertisement, pricing, quality, etc.

I think because it has not been around as long and they also tend to change their producst more rapidly which can be frustrating!

2) Where did you first hear about LeapFrog? (magazines, internet, friends, etc).

commercials when my 6 yr old was a baby

3) What could they do better to gain popularity amongst consumers?

advertisemnents

4) Would you recommend their products?
    I would I love what they have. BUT many of their producst have changed so much and it seems mattel and the other brands keep what they have and improve on it. leap frog often completely changes what they have!

hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010