How do you keep your kids from destroying your house??

Mine are 5 and 3 and toys are EVERYWHERE. Every single day I am cleaning up their toys in the living room, family room, their bedrooms, the bathroom, ACK. If not their toys, their meals, snacks, clothes, artworketc.... I have to be doing something wrong.

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 7:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Duct tape the kids to the wall. T hen you clean it up once, and then there's no more mess!
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• me too! i am sooo tired of it too. can't wait to see how others deal with it! i am about to pull my hair out!
    Anonymous

• I haven't figured that one out yet. I have a 3 year old dd that has managed to do that while her 1 yr old bro's sit back and watch.
    Anonymous

• Lol, glad to hear I'm not alone....I spend the entire day cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc. and by the end of the day it looks exactly the same as it started, if not worse! Oh, and I work from home too, I'm sinking fast.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• First, my kids never had their toys anywhere but their rooms, that includs their cloths or art work. My kids never ate anywhere but the dinning room table.

Answer by louise2 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Lock them up? LOL JK but I really don't have an answer.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• mine are 5 and 6....I got so sick of cleaning that I make them keep their toys in their bedrooms and no where else.

Food and snacks in the kitchen ONLY!!!!!

And I make them clean up after themselfs. They dont like it but they have to do it
    rochellecole

Answer by rochellecole at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My kids don't eat anywhere but at the table either, but that doesn't reduce the number of dishes they use. And while I like the idea of keeping toys in their rooms, they like to be together or with me, I can't spend my day sitting in their room playing....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• the mistake is that you are cleaning up their toys, my kids are 2 and 4 and clean up their own toys, it is amazing how less of a mess they make when they know they have to clean it up
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 8:04 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• So, give me some good rules/consequences....clean up your toys or ______________ what? I'm so open for suggestions!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010