Should it be an insult?

Should it be an insult on any woman intelligence to have an unwanted/un prevented pregnancy in this day in age where there are so many methods of contraceptives available. Many for little money, little risk and easily combined for better protection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Anyone who has sex without thinking of the consequences in risk taking, and unfortunately, just having condoms and contraceptives doesn't stop ppl from thinking that the statistics and consequences actually can apply to them. I think that alot of decisions, especially ones that teenagers take on having sex has a lot to do with their brains being underdeveloped, and they simply do not think much before they act. I don't really think a person doesn't know that having sex can make them pregnant, just denial that it can happen to them and not someone else. Everyone would like to think that they can control what happens to their body...but that just isn't the case. So yeah, it's insulting, and unfortunately, that means most ppl have to learn the hard way. Hopefully though, they actually learn? School of hard knocks is the most effective.
    Anonymous

• better isn't 100 percent
    Anonymous

• BTW: I know accidents happen and Bc fails sometimes but every unwanted pregnancy is a broken condom or failed pills.
    Anonymous

• ignorance is bliss?
    Anonymous

• women with their tubes tied and husbands with vacectomies get pregnant too, should we judge them too?
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 8:02 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If you get pregnant because you were careless, then you're in idiot. If it was a technical issue, then it's bad luck.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 8:05 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I'm not talking about true accidents. I am talking about stupid people who have sex and get pregnant like they didn't know how it worked. I will never believe that every one of the unwanted babies or abortions in the counrty are all due to birth contol failures. To many people say' I didn't know I could get pregnant the first time' I thought I couldn't get pregnant.' 'He pulled out' I wasn't ovulating so I thought I was fine' ' It was passion of the moment'... How stupid does that sound really.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ChristinaBerger: Exactly.
    Anonymous

• If your having sex with someone who you arent ready to have kids with you should be on the pill & using a rubber EVERY time. If for some reason BOTH methods fail THEN that baby was obviously meant to be here. But the chances of two methods failing..... Id love to see it happen.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Look, things happen. NO birth control method is 100% effective. More importantly, it's none of my business if a woman's child was planned or an "oopsie". And I frankly don't want to know such personal information. I have my own life to worry about.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:20 PM on Mar. 23, 2010