After your hubby's vasectomy......

did his sex drive become lower afterwards??? My hubby had his a year ago in May, and his sex drive becomes less and less as time goes on. I dont think he is getting it elsewhere....he will text all day long about how bad and how he wants it but by the time he gets home and we get up to bed he is pooped out. Just wondering if this happend in your situation. Thanks!

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• My Dh's didn't change at all since he got his, but his did change when he hit about 40 (he's 45 now)...I don't think a vasectomy has a thing to do with drive, it could be something else.... how old are your kids? Is he stressed at work? How old is he?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Maybe he's just tired.... My Hubby had a vasectomy just over 2 yrs ago and he's always ready, and never turns me down... You might also ask him if he thinks he may need a checkup just to make sure everything's okay. Hope things get better...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• All in his head
    Anonymous

• yes he has a very stressfull job very long hours, we have 3 kids ages 4,2 and 1....and we do still do it 3 times a week most of the time, but he doesnt have the "stamina" he used to and he used to need it everyday and this has all happend since his vasectomy. I Googled it and it did say lack in sexuall desire is a possible side affect.
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have no personal experience with this, but I have a friend who says that her husband lost ALL INTEREST completely. She's very upset about it and they have been seeing doctors and therapists.
    Anonymous

• My dh had his vasectomy 12 years ago and he has no problem with his sex drive.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2010