tmi-wife sues mistress.

I just saw a video that a woman sued a mistress and was awarded 9 million. Adultery isn't right, but the wife is making it sound like 'it's all HER fault' seems to think that everything was perfect up until then. She's acting like the woman bewitched her husband-
is it just me, or does anyone else think this could backfire-
worried me that it may take us further into the whole mentality of 'it's not the guys fault, this woman MADE him do it'-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:19 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Ok, that's just retarded...Really? 9 million? lol
    Anonymous

• If my husband ever has an affair I hope it's with somebody that I can sue for 9 million!

But yeah, of course it's his fault. He's the one who made committment. Not the mistress.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:22 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• On what grounds did she sue?
    Anonymous

• Seriously?? Whatever I suppose if she KNEW he was married and went ahead with it, but c'mon it takes two to tango. it's not like he said "No thanks I have a wife." I'd counter sue if I was her.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• yeah i saw that too and thought it was awsome! lol she was in NC i believe, and there's this really old law they never got rid of...that's how
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 8:28 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• OP- she sued for "alienation of affection"
    Anonymous

• she did it mainly to make a point. women need to leave the married guys alone, whether they're having trouble with their marriage or not. who's to say, if the marriage was in the pooper, they could work on it and get better? with a mistress, it just makes it worse, sending them toward divorce. but the ex and the "mistress" wrote a book 2yrs later, so they should be able to pay him off soon, if they haven't already.
    Anonymous

• op- claims that it was because the other woman knew he was married and did it with the intention of ruining her marriage- how does the wife know WHAT was in this woman's mind? if the lawsuit was on the grounds of intentions I disagree.
    claims that they were perfectly happy before this other woman ruined her marriage.

how many woman can really say that they are certain that someone was 'perfectly happy' before a affair started?
    if that was so, why would they do it?
    it shouldn't have happened, if you are unhappy then find some way to change that, being unhappy is not license to go out and have a affair, but this floors me!
    sounds like a witch hunt
    Anonymous

• i thought it was a new law, and i think if she new he was married then it is fair,, i think you should sue your husband too..
    Suing "the other woman" for alienation of affection when your spouse has an affair. they have to actually pursue the husband. i think most men do the pursuing...
    Anonymous

• op- I doubt if she made her point at all-
    I don't think that most women have a affair after plotting out a way to take the man-
    most of the time they just say they made a mistake- and it 'just happened'
    doubt if this is going to keep women away from married men- besides, they would probably just say "that won't happen to ME!"
    Anonymous