Should politics be a topic for a site like this? (Just wondering)

Isn't it rude to discuss politics, religion, etc in front of strangers or good company or something like that? Isn't that one of the rules?

Just wondering. lol

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 8:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was wondering the same thing.Politics,religion,but no category for sex. Its how most of us became moms,but we cant really talk about it!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i think they should put in a sex cataory for sure, but also i think that anything should be open for discussion , if you talk about it with strangers at least you know they cannot really judge you and you can be anon. plus you can learn things.
    Anonymous

• I have no clue, but overall, I'm getting annoyed with the flood of religious and political questions!!!!
    Anonymous

• I can't post anonymous because someone on cafe mom is being a b word.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:30 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• If you're annoyed don't answer or look at them. This is a place you can talk about whatever you want. So get over it. Nothing should be off limits, how are you supposed to fully understand topics if you can't discuss them with other people and get different points of view.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:52 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• God I wasn't complaining I was just asking. DOn't have a cow.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 9:00 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I think it's fine just don't go to the section if it bothers you. I do agree about the sex topic though. There are to many who grip when they are posted in other categories.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It's only rude to discuss politics if it's in an unwelcome setting. For example at a dinner party with mixed company or even when you're out to dinner and other diners can overhear you.

If it's a forum designated for discussing politics (like here) then it's fine. I mean, if we never talked about them then we'd never be able to open our minds to other opinions and we'd never be challenged to defend our own convictions.

Here, it can be avoided pretty easily if you don't wish to discuss it. Just don't go to the P&CE section, and don't open questions in other categories that are clearly about politics.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010