Need to pay back parents but NEED a reliable vehicle more !

We had to borrow $800 from my parents back in Aug 09 we needed to move before our rent went up from $750 to $1,000 and then my hubby lost his job in the middle of all that . ( NO other choice believe me we did NOT want to ask them for the $ ) they had NO problem helping us but they said they wold like us to pay them back by March 10 . Hubby has yet to find a new job , I have had a few interviews but no luck landing a job either. They haven't asked for it yet so we havne't said anything to them about because my van's cross memeber that holds everything in ( engine etc.) rotted and my hubby fixed temporarly but he says it won't last with all the pot holes around town and normal wear and tear driving so we need to look into getting it fixed or get another used van. We need to use the tax money we got back that we were goin to use to pay back my parents . I don't know how to tell them we can't pay them back , we need a safer van

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• cant you jsut ask them about it.... I am sure if they knew it would be safer for their daughter and grandchildren they would be ok with it...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 8:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Best thing to do is be open and honest with your parents. Just talk to them, I'm sure they'll understand and can work out a deal.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:54 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• that's what I am hoping that they will think .
    Anonymous

• just explain the situation, I'm sure they will understand! They'll probably be happier to have you driving a safe vehicle than they would getting their money back and knowing you could easily be stranded or hurt. See if you can find a cheap van, and just pay them back a portion of the money if it will help your conscience feel better :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2010