My son has become very whiny?

My son is 15 months and is very whiny, not even like attached to me whiny but randomly. It's kind of hard to explain. He was just at the doctors last week because he woke up and was coughing and when they checked him out everything was fine (no ear infection or anything). He isn't acting strange or anything so I don't think it's him being sick. If I am in the kitchen doing dishes or something like that and my son is in the living room, he will be playing and then all the sudden started whining/crying for a minute and then stop. If he has something he can't have and we tell him he can't have it he will whine and whine for like 20 minutes about it. It's so frustrating and I don't know what I have done wrong, but it's been like this for the past week. We try to let him know what's okay and not okay (but for a 15 month old I think what is said is more for me and his father than our son lol:) I see no signs of teething...any ideas?

Ctepanee

Asked by Ctepanee at 9:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is 18 months and has been doing the same thing for a month or two now. He has his little temper trantrums all throughout the day. They don't last long, but he has quite a few a day. If he doesn't get his way, he'll cry and throw himself on the floor. I'm trying to ignore him now and it seems to be helping a little bit. He won't cry for too long.

I'm hoping it's just a stage! LOL I feel so bad when he's crying but I know I can't give into him for every little thing or he'll be a million times worse in another year!

Anonymous

• I almost feel like it's a way of communication - although he says "what's that/this" all day, because if he is trying to get something in the toy box he will whine about that too. It's like that about everything! Yeah I feel bad when he cries too, but I don't think him running around with a pen is a good idea either :)
    Ctepanee

Answer by Ctepanee at 9:46 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• my son is 19 months and does the same thing and im trying to teach him to use sings or words to express himself and the whining has come down somewhat
    babyowens081208

Answer by babyowens081208 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 23, 2010