Do you have a Will? and Life Insurance?

I am wondering where and how to get a Will and if getting Life Insurance should be done in tandem with creating a Will. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• You can got to a lawyer for estate planning. I work for a lawyer that does just that. You can get a simple will for $100. Life insurance is a different matter. Not sure where to go about getting that.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I have a will, and I have life insurance with New York Life. I have a 1,000,000 policy for my DD in case s.thing happens to me, I want my SO and mother to use the $ so my SO can fight for custody of her from her sperm donor...He would never use the $ to buy her things she needs. He make enough to provide for her. He'd save it for her for college! My will is focused soley around my DD and my mother. Once I get married, I will change some things to include my SO!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• LOL.....no I don't have a will. I do have directives for the welfare of my children and my death. So a pseudo will. But I do have life insurance. I am laughing becuase I thought at first you wrote "Do you have a Wii and Life Insurance"....i was like...yesss....what do you know I don't???
    Anonymous

• You can get life insurance through most companies that offer car insurance, at least the "biggies". I have had a life insurance policy through Allstate. Now my insurance is with USAA.

And yes, I have a will.

I think it's a really good idea to have both of these things, especially if you have kids.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:18 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• My husband has life insurance, but I don't. My burial costs will be minimal, as per my will I have stated that I do not wish to be embalmed and I only want to be buried in a shroud or plain box. With the financial support of both our parents, I think they would be okay. I may get a life insurance policy, but right now adding another bill doesn't seem feasible. We both have wills that we just got at legalzoom.com and then took to our local bank to be notarized.

Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I have a decent life insurance policy. I don't have a will though.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• yes and yes
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2010