Need advice from Mother's that had a c-section

Hi, I am having my second daughter in just a few weeks. I had my first daughter vaginally (was induced at 40 weeks 2 days). However with this little baby, it looks like I am facing a c-section. I need to make up my mind on whether to have a scheduled c-section or to be induced on April 12th (1 week early). Im leaning more towards the c-section, for the safety of my baby. Im not going to go into reasons why I am facing this. What I would really like is your experience.

If you have had a c-section : What was the surgery like? What was the recovery like (during hospital stay and at home)? How did everything turn out?

Thank You :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The surgery wasn't really that big a deal to me. The worst part of that was really when they did the spinal. The recovery, for me, was easier than my first vaginal birth, b/c with the first one, I couldn't take my pain killers, b/c I was allergic to them. Everything turned out fine. Both of my kids, one vaginal, one c-section, turned out fine, healthy and happy. Go with what you and dr think is best. If you're not sure, talk to your hubby, talk more to the dr, and even get a second opinion if you feel it's needed. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:13 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• i dont want to scare you and every ceserean (birth) is different but mine was just horrible it was an emergency c section in the hospital i was in alot of pain and also at home i was,my incision split a few inches and i also got pneumonia from having the surgery and being in the hospital for so long,,but that is just my personal story..GOOD LUCK! i hope all goes well =]]
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:16 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Mine was an amazing experience! Unlike a vaginal birth, I knew exactly when and where I was going to have my baby, so my anxiety was minimized. Also, I knew that MY doctor would be the one to deliver my baby, not someone on-call in the middle of the night. I went in with my DH, the Dr. did the spinal block, which was a breeze. I had this nurse who was absolutely amazing. They have you sit on the table and lean all the way forward while the nurse holds you from the front to keep you from falling. My nurse was so sweet and talked me all the way through it. It felt like I had someone hugging me the entire time and it was comforting. Then, I laid on the table for a few mins till everything kicked in. The Dr. came in and put a sheet up in front of my chest so I didn't see the operation. It literally felt like 5 mins. and I was holding my baby girl. I didn't feel a thing! My Dr. used stitches on the inside, but glue on
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• the outer layer of skin, so I barely have any scar at all! Its been 2 1/2 years! I would definately say that your operation and healing will probably be based on how comforting and experienced your dr. and nurses are. My Dr. did such a phenominal job that I was up and walking the next day, and I left the hospital a day early. You just have to take it easy when you get home. And don't be a hero, take your pain meds ;-D
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2010