Ovarian cysts????

So I was having some pain in my lower abdomen over the weekend and found out that I have a cyst...the doc says that they normally go away on their own but I am concerned that this maybe the reason why I have not been able to conceive any input would be great

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• i have heard that Ovarian cysts make it harder to get pregnant but not impossible! Did you ask your doc if there was anything u could do to get pg faster?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I found out that I had the cyst at the hospital I am going to the docs this Friday so I will be sure to ask then
    Anonymous

• I have small ovarian cysts and was able to get pregnant. My doctor also told me that they are somewhat common and usually don't affect anything as long as they aren't getting bigger.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I have found lots of women have cysts on their ovaries and were able to get pregnant just fine and w/o any intervention or it taking a long time. My doctor said most women get at least one cyst during their lifetime if not more. Talk to your doctor though and maybe get some tests ran to check hormones and what not though. That can help determine if you have something more serious such as PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome).
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 11:07 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• I have had several ovarian cysts and have even had some of them rupture which sucks and is very painfull. Yes they usually can go away on their own but don't always as far as the TTC thing I actually had a doctor tell me that it can make it harder to conceive. My husband and I have been TTC for the last 3 years w/ no luck at all and doctors say that it could be caused mostly from the cysts that ruptured however w/o health insurance there is no way to be sure at this time if they are the real cause of our problem. I guess we are just lucky that he already had a wonderful lil girl from before we got together since I'm starting to think that we will never be able to have a child of our own. However I wish you the best of luck.
    CarolinaMom626

Answer by CarolinaMom626 at 7:32 PM on Mar. 27, 2010