If evey all men was made in god's image then does that mean... For all

God was gay?

Think about it if we were given his traits and some people are gay does that mean that god may be gay.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 10:10 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The issue with the whole "Created in god's image" thing is it never tells us anything mroe specific which leads people to infer a number of things. It could be "created in his image" becasue we have 2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head (just don't look at any scientific anomalies like conjoined twins), or that we have the capability to reason or think beyond instincts. It could be "created in his image" becasue we have the capacity to feel a range of emotions. It doesn't state the manner in which we are similar. It DOES state that God created all which would include Gays so it's rather sadistic to think he would create them only to condemn them or it to be a "test" to see if they're worthy.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Another question from dh!!! Opinions on ways to answer wanted.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• no I dont think god was gay...isnt that supposed to be a sin?
    Anonymous

• We are made in the 'likeness" of Him.... 2 eyes, 2 arms, a brain, things like that...
    Anonymous

• I don't see God as being a sexual entity. Even so, though, I don't think being made in His image really can lead to such a conclusion, especially since homosexuality isn't the norm or majority, or because in order to mate it has to be male and female. Not that I'm saying homosexuality is wrong - I'm a strong supporter of homosexual rights, I'm just saying that it doesn't lead one to believe being made in His image could imply that. Honestly, I always saw being made in His image as being spiritual beings with the ability to rationalize, to relate to Him and each other, and to reach out to each other in love. I think the love thing is very important, as its the one thing that is most emphasized (IMO). I don't think God cares who we choose to share our love with, in the sense of pairings, as long as we can foster genuine love for humanity in general. Also, being made in His image deals with the potential we are created with,IMO.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• An image isn't the same thing as an exact replica.

If we were all exact replicas of God, well, then we'd all be exactly alike in personality, features, and abilities - that would be weird.
    Anonymous

• When You See A Rainbow GLBT gay lesbian sticker

Anonymous

• I think IF there were a god, he could be whatever he wishes at any time. He could be gay, he could a male/female/both/nothing. God could do anything he wishes, as he would be all loving and all powerful. Which also means he creates ALL things, all people, despite their sexuality. And he loves all...as he created all. Knowing whether they would be gay or straight. No exceptions to that love.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I think if god exists, it is genderless or both. Simply because of the way He wants us to be husband and wife as one being. Both energies intertwined into one identity. The thing is the phrase should read Man made god in his own image. The bible says None have seen the face of god. (of course it goes on to say some did, but lets not go there for now) If none have seen his face then how are we to know what he looks like??? We are so full of ourselves that we assume he looks like us when in fact he might look like a dolphin or dare I say a chimpanzee. ( You know evolution LOL) No I won't asssume he's gay, but there's a reason for everything (so I've been told) so there's a reason homosexuality exists. And it's all a part of his "bigger plan" so love your neighbor as you do yourself and quit judging their lifestyles. God will do that when their time comes. IF he exists.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• And I know tone cannot be typed so please don't read too much into that last reply. I'm not angry or anything like that. Just chilliin' today.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2010