I haven't gotten paid yet, should i ask for my money?

i'm watching a friend of mines girls so she can work. her husband got paid this week and i was suppose to get my money. but i haven't. however, he goes shopping for a bed and table.

MommaSyrup07

Asked by MommaSyrup07 at 7:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Money & Work

• Definitely! Make sure they understand that you are taking care of their children for an income. Make sure they understand that you are friends, but you need your paycheck the same as they need theirs. And, really, do friends take advantage of each other?
    AnneZbeth

Answer by AnneZbeth at 9:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Ask her "gently" about getting paid for your hard work. Hope it works out.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yes, I'd remind them!
    NovaChk

Answer by NovaChk at 7:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yes cause if you let it slide they will think they can always get away with paying you whenever.
    awife1life3kids

Answer by awife1life3kids at 8:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I agree with awife1life3kids. I watched a friend's kids all summer and she never paid me. I wish I'd addressed it sooner. She was supposed to pay me $10 for watching her 1 and 4 year olds for 12 hours once a week. I had a 5 and a 3 year old at the time and was pregnant. I only wanted $10 so I could have some money to buy extra food to feed them but I never got a penny.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yes, you should ask. If you are uncomfortable just say something like...I'm running to the bank can I stop by and pick up my check. Good luck.
    bizlady

Answer by bizlady at 9:14 PM on Jun. 26, 2008