Will a glass of wine help bring on labor?

Im not planning on doing this, but Ive heard and read that a glass of wine can help induce labor. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and it worked, or if they have heard the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've never heard that. I have heard that at the end some women drink a glass of wine to calm down and unwind, and to help relieve some of the aches and pains.......maybe relaxing the baby realizes its time to bring on the pressure! lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:24 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No I've never heard that either.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• No
    In the old days--before the CPS NAZIs roamed the delivery rooms midwives and good doctors would tell the moms to be it was ok to have a glass a day to help sleep and decrease anxiety-- now if you do that the nurses call CPS on you--
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Opposite~ as a muscle relaxer, it calms contractions, slowing/stopping early/premature labor.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:51 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Call CPS for having a glass of wine??? That's a bunch of crap!! They give mother's drugs for pain that effect the baby - how can a glass of wine be any different? CPS has more than it can handle without nurses calling for something stupid like that.

Ok - I'm done :) I have not heard where it would bring on labor, but my doc said a glass of wine isn't a big deal. They have taken the stance of avoiding ALL alcohol for those dumb enough to think they can drink all through their pregnancy and everything be ok.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• I did actually hear that a bottle of wine and a night of great sex will bring it on, never tried it. What will do it are rough roads and train tracks. My 3rd baby took so long they sent me home, so we drove over 5 sets of tracks, a half hour later the contracitons were strong enough to go back and when we got there the baby was born 30 minutes later
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I've heard of drinking castor oil, but not wine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No, it will relax your body but it wont bring on contractions.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 12:30 PM on Mar. 25, 2010