Has anyone had there baby's legs turn red and cold?

My daughter is 21 months old and has developmental delays. She has a therapy stander and walker. I noticed that when she is in them her legs turn bright red and are cold to the touch. It is like a speckled white and red rash but it does not seem to be causing her any pain. I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Jen0526

Asked by Jen0526 at 10:23 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I have never had that happen to my child buy my own legs do that. If I have on socks that are too snug it tends to set it off. I'm not sure how the therapy stander works but if it restricts the legs it might possibly be too snug. I definately can't say for sure since I don't know the situation completely but I know that restricting the bloodflow in any way makes my legs do that. I hope that helps!
    momof2il

Answer by momof2il at 10:32 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Yeah it sounds like she is not having the circuation she should. I would keep a close eye on it and check to see of anything is pressing to much or against the inside of the legs where the arteries are. Good luck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:24 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Sounds like circulation issues. Take her to the Dr.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2010