Dark patches on skin... TMI

This is very embarrassing so that is why I am choosing to remain anonymous. The other day I decided to shave totally bare "down there" Now usually a few days after I always get some razor burn. Any way, I was looking at the inside of my thigh and I noticed this circle patch that almost looked like eczema. I have never had eczema so I kept looking. On my skin (NOT on my vagina) but the skin around it, there were bigger patches but it was just my skin darker than the rest. No dryness, no itching, no swelling, just a pigment difference.... What in the world could this be??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Health

• Is it raised at all or flat? It's probably nothing but you might call the OB or even google it. I haven't a clue but I wouldn't worry much.
    Anonymous

• hormones or age. are you olive toned or darker-skinned? did your nipples change color drastically during pregnancy? or the skin between your buttocks? sometimes this just happens as we get older. you can try exfoliating the area (gently!!) regularly to see if that helps, if it bothers you. you could also try an skin damage-reversal treatment like a chemical peel, or microdermabrasion, but that's a bit extreme and i'd hate to try to walk after that.
    LunaB

Answer by LunaB at 11:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010