Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a bank account....

Had sefcu, but overdrafted.... What's another bank that will take me on?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Just pay the fees and penalties and learn from it. Manage your money better, so it doesn't happen again. Most banks run a background check to see if you have done this. If you don't take care of it now, it will come back to haunt you later on down the road.

    Answer by clhadley at 11:07 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • how about you pay your fees, and keep your account that you have....

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • SEFCU is a great place to be with. Why ya running from it, when it's not their fault?

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 11:03 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • If you have an open overdrafted account, another bank will most likely not open another account for you until you resolve the overdrafted one.

    Answer by tomib at 11:12 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • When I got my new bank account they told me "we're going to check and just see if you owe another bank." You won't be able to open another one while that one is overdrafted.

    Answer by ArkTech at 11:27 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • I dont know where you live but where I live we have a bank called Bank Midwest & they do not check anything. THey advertise it even "Second chance checking. NO credit checks" they dont care if you owe another bank. My husband owed a bank from before we married...his ex wife & such..anyway...we went there & opened one. We tried to at the bank I was at & they wouldn't even add him to my exsisting account! I was mad about that because I had been a customer in good standing for many many years...never overdrafted ever! So I withdrew my money & we went to bank midwest.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • Pay your fees. Own up to your responsibilites and pay what you owe. Be an adult.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:40 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

  • Just pay your overdraft. Sit down with a baker and work out a plan if it is a large amount. They may be able to open you an overdraft protection & roll the fees into it so you can still use your checking and make small payments on the overdraft. Credit Unions are great at working with their customers.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 8:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2010