going to vegas any advice?

im going to vegas on may 6th staying at the riviera hotel for 3 days and then going to the stratosphere for 2 days,i would want to visit the strip any advices?any cheap places to visit?or free attraction?what should i excpect?and how about transportation?is there any passes ?where do i purshase them?please give me all the details thanx

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 11:31 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Be careful if you go down to Fremont Street. Its in a "bad" part of town. Transportation: there a tons of cabs but they drive like maniacs. There is a lot of stuff you can walk to anyway. Treasure Island has a cool show out front of their hotel. I would type more but my kid is half asleep on my arm lol
    Anonymous

• Just try researching all this stuff before you go. I've been quite a few times and was not impressed with the neighborhood that the stratosphere is in. It's a cool place, but really I do the shows more than anything. A lot of times if you gamble at your hotel/casino, and win, or at least gamble enough to make it worth it, they will comp you shows. Comedy shows are pretty good. Just Google Las Vegas, there will be a site to guide you and help you. You can also get a lot of info from your hotel concierge or front desk.
    Anonymous

• I've been there once just to see and I'm just so not into the flashing lights and glazed-eyed people mindlessly dumping all their money into one huge nasty greedy pot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No clue where the Riviera is but I know you have to take a cab to the strip from Stratosphere. Get dropped off at one end and just walk your way through. Treasure Island has a pirate show you can watch from the street for free. The Venetian has the canal and indoor shopping you can walk through. The New York New York has a roller coaster that's $14/ticket but really fun. All the hotels have different features. Just walk through them all and see the sites. If you sit at their slot machines they serve you free alcohol...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I've been twice, and the best show i've seen is "the blue men". They are hilarious!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The best advice I can give is what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas when it's on film.
    SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 5:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You will be able to spend alot of your time on the strip. I just got married 2 weeks ago in Vegas (although I have been there a million times) and for the first time we stayed at the stratosphere. It wasn't to bad, the only problem we had was the rude lady that checked us in! haha. But across the street from the Straosphere (and I am sorry I can't remember the name of the hotel) but there is a monorail (sp?) that takes you pretty far down the strip! I'd do that for sure, it was $20 ride in a cab just to get down the strip for us, not worth the money! Go in every hotel you can, they all have something unique and amazing to experience! I am jealous, I love vegas and I am ready to head back!!!!! Have some fun for me!
    Anonymous

• congradulation on ur marriage,well ill try to have as much fun as we could!thanks everyone for ur advices!
    tigernina

Answer by tigernina at 10:32 AM on Mar. 25, 2010