Does any of you second,third,fourth time around mothers do this?

This is my second child, and he is do in may. I'm really excited don't get me wrong but when I got pregnant with my first. I had his bags ready,packed, and ready for the hospitial when I was 6 months pregnant. As well as his room done. Now this one, I'm excited but I've been procrastinating, and feeling like something is going to happen to me or him or I won't get to see him etc. I haven't got his room done, or his baby book completed, or haven't saved any of his "memory" things while being pregnant with him. I feel really guilty sometimes but I don't have a lot of time like I did with my first. Does anyone else have this problem? Or am I just a horrible mother?

skylarsmommy24

Asked by skylarsmommy24 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My son is two and I still don't have his scrapbook completed. It happens.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 11:39 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Normal. By the third you just simply laugh at moms who do memory books. You simply have not time for such nonsense. By the fifth kid you just smile and nod. The sixth, you just ask them to babysit. Yes, I do know you are nine months pregnant......LOL
    Anonymous

• For my second, I started shopping around 5 months, and started putting everything together right after that. It's a good thing too, pretty soon after I started going to the hospital every week with kidney stones. I was also induced 3 weeks early.
    Anonymous

• Totally normal. It is a major shock going from one to two kids. You are not a horrible mother!! I was really good about taking pictures when my 2nd kiddo was born because I love to take pictures, but there are so many things that I just don't remember her doing!! I know she was 14 months old when she started walking, but for the life of me I can't remember the details. My oldest just turned 10 and I remember so much from when he was a baby. I STILL feel guilty sometimes because of the things I have forgotten about the 2nd one. Just remember that you only had one baby to focus on all this time. You gave all of your attention, love, and care to just one little person. With this 2nd baby, you have another child to focus on and take care of, so you don;t have any time left right now!! Try to focus and at least get the nursery set up and just take it one day at a time. Each day try and get one thing done JUST for the new baby.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• Totally normal hun! I didn't do a baby book with #3...we did a "belly book" it was a gift to us (really neat too! You can probably pick one up at any major book store! - and it's actually called The Belly Book!), and I didn't even fill it out until AFTER the baby was born, lol. We're on #4 now, and we have NOTHING. Albeit i'm only 12 weeks, but I had baby books and all kids of neutral baby items, along with a crib on lay-away at this time with #1! Once you have more than one kid, you're too busy for all that.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• With my first I was on the ball! I had everything ready set and waiting. I was constantly taking photos and doing scrapbooks and well my first child's scrapbook stops when he was potty trianed ~ and well my son is 10 now!!! I have the pictures just not the time. Between working and being a mother and cleaning and playing I just didn't have the time to sit and scrapbook. Now I'm on my second child ~ newly married with a 10 year old, 14 year old stepson, 2 dogs ( one thats a puppy ) a husband that still seems to throw his dirty clothes everywhere........ I have the crib ordered and on the way but well " thats all I've done ". I just don't have the energy to get on the ball this go around with all of the extra things I'm trying to keep up with. I'm sure I'll get it done ~ but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

So don't think your a bad mother for one second... because your not :)
    Melisabme

Answer by Melisabme at 2:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The score for me:
    Daughters- 1
    Memory books made- About 1/2 (ish)

So if you're a bad mom, I really suck!! LOL
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• U are totally not alone... I feel EXACTLY the same way! I am 5 months and I don't even have the crib yet for this one.. by 5 months with my first his room was already totally done! That is so crazy I thought I was the only one that felt the way you do! I finally told my husband the other day that I need to start getting 1 thing a week because I haven't even really gotten any clothes
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my second and it's taken more for me to get excited this go around. I'm definately more fearful this time, definately not rushing to buy a ton of things. I've started her baby book but we learned from our first we didn't need everything we thought we did so we're waiting until she is here to buy a lot of stuff.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2010