whats nursing school like?

miasmama07

Asked by miasmama07 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• Time and energy consuming. A lot of information to learn in a small amount of time. A worthwhile challenge. :)
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 11:47 PM on Mar. 23, 2010

• It may be the hardest thing you've ever done. There is more work than you will ever be able to accomplish. But you know what? you learn how to get by with doing the bare minimum, and then when it eases up, you're like, why would I do more when I can learn to get by with doing less? The most important thing, besides just passing, is learning to be a compassionate nurse. I survived by studying hard and following two rules: I refused to study after 10 pm (I was worthless if I didn't get the sleep I needed) and I never studied between sundown friday and sundown saturday. Take care of your health and it will take care of you. Good luck!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It depends on your personal life.
    If you are young and have no kids, no spouse, it's a breeze.
    If you are with kids and a spouse, you can almost forget it. Some colleges will push nursing program applicants to the back of the recommendation list simply because you are labeled as a non traditional student, regardless of your grades. Statistics show once you fit into this category, you will probably never make graduation.
    You really need a great support group at home, if you are a non traditional student and have no support at home, it will be incredibly hard.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2010