Is it normal to always compare yourself to your boyfriend/husbands ex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't compare myself to his exes, but I do think it's strange that his exes, and women he finds attractive now, look nothing like me.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 12:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Um....no. In fact it's really unhealthy, and is most likely a symptom of some major self esteem and/or inferiority issues. You may want to talk to someone about it, it will benefit you (and him) in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I second that StellarJKD!! Mine is the same way! I do think I look a lot hotter that my SO's ex though! :) lol
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 12:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No I have never compared my self to my husbands ex and Im actually good friends with her lol. We talk allot on myspace and have allot on common, shes a very nice girl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I wouldn't think so. I have never, in our 7 year relationship, ever compared myself to his ex. He's never compared me either.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't think its normal.. but I did it when I first got with my husband! I was like omgawsh what were you thinking...haha seriously I sometimes I wonder (when I see them well one at church) WTH he was thinking when he got with those girls...I'm def hotter than them ;) ..... plus he married me not any of his exes. =]=]
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• no.. he's only has one ex and i'm so much better then her.. she should compare herself to me
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 12:42 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Why would you want to compare yourself to someone he doesn't want? There doesn't seem to be any purpose in that. And to answer your question, no - I don't compare myself to my husband's ex. It would be pointless.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I did...my DH went from dating a pretty skinny girl with no personalitly to fit his to me as to where I'm a big girl but we fix each other perfectly! So at first I did when it came to looks but hey beautiful full face is better than someone who doesn't know what a hair cut is. JMO : ) You have to move on at some point!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 8:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Nope, never. We are complete opposites, and I mean COMPLETE opposites. I am 5', 125 lbs, blonde, blue, smart, educated, work full time, 10 years older than hubby, my kids are grown and I have grandkids. His ex he never ever thought about marrying her, she is 5'6" and probably 250 lbs, dark dark hair, wears no makeup, never worked, and I'm not bashing her or anything like that, but she has no education and can barely write her address, and she is 6 years younger than him. We have talked about it a bit because I could never figure out why he was with her as she is totally not his type (but they were together 10 years!) and I guess he just got comfortable in the situation and was okay with not having any goals or direction in his life. That all changed when he met me! There just is no comparison between the two of us.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 11:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2010