Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death! ~Patrick Henry~, March 23, 1775

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Lilystar ~ I'm not crazy, and I don't post anon. I say what I want, and I could care less who likes it ... or who doesn't.

If right wing statement about loving their country, their constitutional freedoms and rights, and living their lives without the gubmint telling them what to do/when to do it/and how to do it are 'dumb' in your mind, that begs the question of what left wing people truly think about these things ~ and the logical conclusion isn't a nice one.

I come from a family that has been military since they set foot on what is now US soil. They have fought in every war here and abroad, and they fought for freedom above all else. You yourself would NOT live in a country where you were free to spew what you do if a lot of good people hadn't fought to gain and preserve that right. You were born with it and you don't appreciate it enough to not abuse it. The fact that your gov't. wants you to STFD and STFU ..
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I think that almost half the people alive in the US today would swap their souls for a freebie life ~ rather than give up their lives if they can't be free.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 1:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You hit that nail right on the head, Farmlady!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Puhleez don't compare yourselves to Patrick Henry. There is no comparison between that great man and people such as yourselves.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• OP: Anon, :40  What *are* you talking about? I asked what people thought of the quote. I am sorry you can't read. SHIT.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• It's debated if he actually said it, but it's a great expression.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You people are fucking crazy, that is why people who are making these stupid right wing statements almost always remain anonymous, deep down inside you know that its dumb. Or is it because you think the govt is onto you?
    lilystar

Answer by lilystar at 8:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Lilystar, you really think a quote by one of the patriotic founding fathers is a "stupid right wing statement"? I am sorry for you and the other uneducated, non-caring fools who don't know or care that our country is in grave danger from several directions at this time.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I love the quote.Pagan~ agreed sad to say we have alot of Americans now who speak exactly that way esp. some of our very young adults.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I agree pagan and tn
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 9:32 AM on Mar. 24, 2010