Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel which sells under the Fisher-Price and Hasbro brands? e.g. advertisement, pricing, quality, etc.

Hi,
I am conducting a research project for school and have chosen LeapFrog Enterprises. I would be grateful if you could answer a few questions.

1)Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel which sells under the Fisher-Price and Hasbro brands? e.g. advertisement, pricing, quality, etc. 2) Where did you first hear about LeapFrog? (magazines, internet, friends, etc). 3) What could they do better to gain popularity amongst consumers? 4) Would you recommend their products?

NYStateofMind

Asked by NYStateofMind at 12:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 1)Mattel sells toys first and then education. I think leapfrog focuses more on the educational side. Kids don't go into a store and ask for educational toys. leapfrog is something you buy for your kids or friend's kids because you think they will benefit from it.

2)The first time was in a store. I saw it and thought how cool they can learn to read with this.

3) They don't have any well branded characters. Kids don't know them from cartoons, songs or videos. They need to liscence more characters and focus on what makes a child req a particular toy.

4) Yes, very educational

MokaMommy

Answer by MokaMommy at 8:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2010