I have horrible extra skin!

I was a 99lbs girl soak and wet before pregnancy, but gained about 155lbs during. i had my daughter on 3/18/09, and i still have horrible sagging skin, it's wrinkly, and ugly!!! i used to have high confidence, but now not so much, i want to be able to wear a nice bathing suit when i swim at the Y [for exercise], any ideas on how to get rid of this thing!?!?! i'm really starting to doubt it'll EVER go away!!!

please no rude comments, i'm an adult, and i'm not interested in childishness.

Cowbell88

Asked by Cowbell88 at 12:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• oh then that layer of skin over the scar will be VERY hard to lose, not impossible but you'll need to do a lot of ab exercises to strengthen the muscles which were cut in the c section, which weakened them drastically. i suggest leg ups because they work just the lower abs(where the scar is)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• the best way to lose skin is to lose weight slowly...if you lose weight to fast you are left with excess skin. healthy diet, exercise 3 times a week, drink LOTS of water, and moisturize your skin well and you will lose weight and skin
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• MIGHT I ALSO ADD, THE BIRTH WAS BY C-SECTION.
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 2:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• yeah it's just, it's been a year, and i'm getting quite discouraged, i'm thinking a girdle wouldn't hurt as a last resort. :-/
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 3:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• remember your muscles were completely sliced through. it takes a long time to recover and restrengthen from that. don't get discouraged...just work those lower abs...it takes time but it's not impossible
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i just had it on my belly and found a workout that has tightened it big time.. but if its your whole body then i truely dunno.. im 5ft and 123 lb and im still 15lb overweight according to my dr...
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ahh i'll keep exercising, thank you for the response! :]
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 10:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• the thing, is [swaney], i only weigh 109lbs...it's just flab, it's awful, and i get really tired of looking at it. it really gets' me down.
    Cowbell88

Answer by Cowbell88 at 10:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• then you just need to find a way to tone it.. if you train your muscles to that'll help!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Tummy tuck, thats the only way you are getting rid of that skin. The skin is stretched and even if you build up your stomach muscles the skin will not shrink.
    Sorry......
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:23 AM on Mar. 25, 2010