Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel which sells under the Fisher-Price and Hasbro brands? e.g. advertisement, pricing, quality, etc

Hi,
I am conducting a research project for school and have chosen LeapFrog Enterprises. I would be grateful if you could answer a few questions.

1)Why is the LeapFrog brand not as strong as Mattel which sells under the Fisher-Price and Hasbro brands? e.g. advertisement, pricing, quality, etc. 2) Where did you first hear about LeapFrog? (magazines, internet, friends, etc). 3) What could they do better to gain popularity amongst consumers? 4) Would you recommend their products?

NYStateofMind

Asked by NYStateofMind at 12:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 1. I had no clue they were not as strong , I love leap frog and we prefer to buy leap frog over the other brands
    2. I dont know where i heard about it, that was a long time ago
    3. I think they do a great job, most people i know buy and love their products
    4. I already do, :)
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• 1. I bought a Leapfrog Tag reader and in less than a week of him playing with it, it wouldn't turn on. I contacted the company and they said I had to have the original sales receipt before they'd fix it. I no longer had the receipt as I had bought it months before as a Christmas present
    2. I've always known about Leapfrog
    3. They should cover their products warranty no matter what. Does it really matter if we were the original purchasers of it and can prove it? It's their product and they should stand behind it.
    4. Not the Tag reader, that's for sure
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 12:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2010