Over due.

I was a week and a day late w/ my daughter, and finally talked them into inducing me. If i was overdue w/ my daughter, is there a chance i'll go overdue w/ this next baby as well?? Or will it be better this time since my body had dilated once before..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My family has long pregnancies we all go over by at least 2 weeks, both my boys were induced 2 weeks early, my 3rd baby i went for a natural birth I was 2 weeks late the doctor didnt want to to an induction but decided to schedule one just in case I got close to the 3 week mark , on a monday he scheduled one for friday by tuesday night i was in labor.

Odds are you will go past your due date if that is a trend in your family. While getting induced sounds like a grand idea trust me after having two inductions and then a natural birth, if you hit the one week past due mark just grin and bear it through the next few days, it will be a whole different experience to go into labor on your own, much easier, much less pain. If I could go back I would never have had those inductions, the first one i had to have I was too sick to stay pregnant but the 2nd one i asked for and now regret it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• you're not over due until 42 weeks and that's somewhat uncommon so i think most likely you won't go overdue. no need to get induced. on average, 2nd time moms give birth earlier than 2nd time moms but lots of 2nd time moms end up having longer pregnancies than their first, so who knows. good luck! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2010