Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!

My dh and i have been together for 5years we have a son together! Im a sahm! Me and my dh get along 90% of the time the other 10% hes running off to bars or whatever he wants to do! If i get mad about it he will tell me he will quit paying rent and keep our son and i can leave what should i do he wont talk to me when im upset he will just run out the door and come back when he please dont get me wrong he works his butt off to support us and i do all the house work and take care of our son but he sometimes acts like he doesnt care! He drinks every sat night and i dont say anything but when he does it for ex wendsday i get mad b/c he never spends time with us he will come home from work and watch tv what should i do?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • my suggestion.
    1. wait to talk when you aren't yelling, but can talk calmly and rationally
    2. set boundaries... no bars (I don't allow that unless there is a bday party or special occasion. that is showing a lack of respect on his part. If he can't do this than I would leave until he can
    3. consider marriage counseling
    Precious333

    Answer by Precious333 at 3:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • hes always been around bars his mom is the bar tender his moms house is right behind the bar this just started when he turned 21 he wont talk if i bring up my feelings he thinks im trying to start a fight and i know he wont do marriage counseling
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • Hes a good guy and a great father until he wants to go out
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • well, if its between you and marriage counsewling, I think if he loves you he will at least try it out. My husband and I went through a rough ttime last year, we both worked through things and had to make compromises, putting eachother before our own preferences. It would be wise for him to work through things, even if it feels like a huge sacrifice. How I approached my husband was I told him if he wanted to make our marraige work he needed to proove it to me... like stop hanging out with single friends late at night at bars, and to go to counseling. He prooved to me that he was willing to make an effort to save our marraige.... and I had to make some huge sacrifices as well.
    Precious333

    Answer by Precious333 at 3:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • also, maybe that times is to hasve time alone to relax... lke an outlet from stress... maybe there can be another solution? For my husband bikr riding helps releive his stress, so I make sure to support that. There may be other alternatives for him.
    Precious333

    Answer by Precious333 at 3:33 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • you go out. You guys must be young. Because if you were older it would've been been there done that already.Don't tolerate that crap. Remember bar stool sluts are there.
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN