Toddlers and Tiaras

Has anyone ever watched Toddlers and Tiaras, if so what is your opinion on this show. Me personally I think it is crazy how they dress up their daughters in all this hair and make-up. They are way to young for this, why can't they be natural. I mean it's ok to dress them up nice but why not with there own hair and maybe a little bit of a light pink lipstick. That wouldn't be so bad. But my goodness these little girls have 5 pds of make-up and hair spray on, plus more. IDK! I think that is insane.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was flipping channels and saw about 5 minutes of it tonight, my son asked "what they did to that poor little girl" and my 5 y/o dd said "wow those girls are going to be in trouble they used too much makeup" LOL I so love my DD. I changed the channel when i heard the judges talk about the girls saying things like "well she isnt quite a 10 yet but with work she can get there" excuse me? what little girl should be worried about being a 10? seriously? I changed the channel I didnt want my daughter to see any more of it, luckily she had already left the room.

I think there are pageants that can be a healthy experience and then there are the ones like this that are ridiculous and the moms need to seriously stop treating their children like live dress up dolls.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:03 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't think it ever comes down to the make up or the dressing up.
    These women are putting their children up infront of people to be JUDGED - kids should be taught that they are perfect the way they were born - and that it doesn't matter what others think so long as they are happy with who they are.

What they are teaching them instead is that you are only worth what a panel of judges think you are worth - it's just beyond sick. I really think it needs to be made illegal.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 5:23 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I cannot STAND that shit. The mothers are all pathetic losers who were too ugly to be in pageants as a kid and now want to live vicariously through their offspring. It's sick.
    MizusT

Answer by MizusT at 6:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I thought the same thing as Mizus when I saw the show. The Moms almost always look horrible! What is up with that??

and... I think the fake hair, fake teeth, fake everything is just a little too much for ANY 3 year old. Add the high pressure to perform with all the verbal abuse and badgering, and it makes my stomach turn in knots!

Its sad really... I feel sorry for those girls.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• oh yeah, and when the moms say "but this is what THEY want", I just want to slap the snot out of them! It is NOT what the kids want, it is what the Moms want! Those kids would be just as happy (maybe happier) living normal toddler lives.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I agree totally with Ladysavage. These people are sick. In my opinion it is the most disturbing and depressing show on television. I don't watch it, but I see clips from it all the time on The Soup. In addition to everything ladysavage said, those places are also crawling with pedophiles! I think most of the men who work these things are offenders, and now it's on TV so the creeps at home can watch too. It's totally disgusting. I've seen these girls do "sexy dances" I've even seen one on stage with a man dressed as the big bad wolf and part of the dance was VERY suggestive!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Those poor little girls are missing the most developmentally important stage of their lives. I think the mothers are living out their own dreams through their daughters, and have taught the little ones that this is what they want. No kid just pops out saying she wants to be a beauty queen. The mothers are usually disgusting fat hogs, too. The pageants themselves are a pedophiles wet dream, and that's somewhere beyond disgusting to even think about a child performing in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I love the show. I asked to be in pageants when I was 8. I loved every minute of it. I was in one at age three, i had on no make-up or anything...so, I have done both. The dressing up and putting on make-up was the whole fun of it. The places are not crawling with pedofiles....only parents are allowed anymore to those kinds. Granted, I did not have on all the fake stuff, but, I had the dress, make-up and curled up hair.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:14 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• And yes, after watching a Miss USA or Miss America...a kid can and will ask to do pageants if that is something they want.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Me and my daughter watch that show becuase SHE likes it and SHE wants to be in pageants too .she will be in the local ones but not the big ones...but that is just because we cant travel that much and it is crazy how expensize they are lol....

Sure kids should be totally done up 24/7 but every once in awhile...it isnt going to hurt them, and my daughter likes to get dressed up ...little girls like to play in makeup and stuff...its playing dress up
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 9:25 AM on Mar. 24, 2010