sahm with cold

i have a cold not bad just stuffed up noses sneezing and sore throat my question is how do i keep my 4 month old dd from catching it

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 4:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just be very careful to wash your hands CONSTANTLY and maybe use antibacterial hand lotion stuff. you should make sure not to cough anywher near her as well;. but chances are good she still might get it since you were contagious before you had symptoms ya know? poor mommma! sorry you are sick
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 5:06 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I agree with above poster. Sorry you're sick, Mama. However, know that if your baby catches your cold, he/she will rebound from it a lot faster than you!
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 6:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• If you're BFing, your baby is getting antibodies that will help PREVENT baby from getting sick. I had Swine Flu when DD was 12wks old and she was the only one in the house that didn't get sick. Just keep your hands clean and use an antibacterial wipe on things you touch often (like door knobs and the remote control). Hope you feel better soon and your LO stays well!
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 9:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• if you are sick now, i think your lo has already been exposed, either he will get sick or not!
    i have never used lysol, or antibacterial stuff. my babies never got colds or fevers, but we breastfed.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2010