LOUD SNORING HUSBAND!!!

I have been up since 4 am because my dh snores so loud it wakes me up out of my sleep. This happens every night!!!
Does this happen to you?
Is there anything that helps to stop the snoring?

rochellecole

Asked by rochellecole at 6:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• http://www.soundsleeping.org/snoring/stoping-devices.htm You might also suggest he be tested for sleep apnea. They'll require that he spend the night hooked up with straps to monitor his sleeping patterns and snores.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:22 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• it's awful isn't it?!! my hubby does it too!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 7:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• There is a mask. There are snoring sprays. But just think if it wasn't for my hubby's loud snoring this morning, I would've been late!
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• A good slap seems to work for me! lol. I usually tell him to roll on his side.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• well mine snores and grinds his teeth...sometimes i blow in his face..that helps or i tell him to roll over and that will help. Most the time though i tell him to shut his effing mouth before i choke him. Really nothing helps. It only helps for like 5 mins then its back to snoring and grinding
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I shove mine over on his side (he's a deep sleeper) when he starts snoring. Sometimes he'll put his arm up over his face, which makes him snore, so I pull it off...I just try to make sure he's on his side and that his neck is as straight as possible.

Other than that, I'm helpless. He'd never try a mask or breath-right strips or anything...I wish he'd stop smoking, because I think that might have something to do with it..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• get him to visit an ent... I had bad blocked nasal passages and enlarged adnoids. After having that surgery mine is much better, so was my dad's. Also sleep apnea could be the cause,.
    SuzanneL09

Answer by SuzanneL09 at 11:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My husband and I have not been in the same room at night for years! His snoring could wake the dead and he refuses to do anything about it! Therefore he is on the couch!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 11:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Have you ever taken a CPR course? The way one opens an airway in case of suspected neck injury is called "the jaw-thrust method", and it can be used to stop someone from snoring. It's difficult to describe in words, but a CPR coach will be able to show you (or a paramedic, lifeguard or nurse).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• I never snored before I met my husband (my ex never told me I did but told me I just breathed strongly). But now, I started 2 years ago! He said that sometimes it wakes him up. I'm petite and thin - most people associate snoring with obesity or that only men do it. I'm beside myself with embarrassment because I can't control it. Sometimes I wake up from it or have dreams where I can't breath and take a huge gasp of air in my dream and wake myself up from that. So don't be angry with him for what he can't control. I'm planning on seeing an ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat specialist) in the future to see if it is something that can be fixed. I go to sleep worrying that I will wake him up so I don't sleep as well. I try to sleep on the other side of the bed so that if I do snore, I won't be close and wake him.
    Anonymous