hi. how can i get some useful tips on losing weight?

i wanna get off my 20 kilos!.. i really hope someone would help me in this..

thanks a lot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have been wanting to loose weight for sometime now. After I had my 2nd child I actually put on even more weight over this winter. I have already lost 15 lbs just this month from cutting my meals in half, not over eating, and gave up drinking pop!! I also walk everyday, and some days if it's beautiful out I will jog.
    It's basically how you eat, and what you eat. If you eat a lot of sugar cut it out.. I did the same thing! Good luck, hope this was helpful!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 7:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Yes cutting your portions size in half helps a ton. As well as drinking lots of water. Not soda and etc. Get your body active. This will help.
    Hope this helps.
    CloudWeaver

Answer by CloudWeaver at 7:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Shopping mainly the perimeter of your grocery store really helps! It's all the "real" God-given food :). Limit you intake of anything processed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• What they said, small portions, water , and go walk at the park, I do 2.5 miles a day at our park. Also be mindful when you are eating; eat slow really taste your food, enjoy the flavors ,textures don't just eat, be thankful and really savor the food!

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• anon 7:57, I recently heard about the "shop the parameter" idea and I think that is BRILLIANT!! It will help me steer away from all the highly processed foods. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I plan on it for my next shopping trip!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:07 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• LOL, oops! parimeter! I guess I need some coffee!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:09 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My mom is a certified nutritionist and recommended the HcG diet. I lost 30lbs in 30 days and my BF lost 40lbs in 40 days. If you want more info, feel free to PM me :)
    FluffyMountains

Answer by FluffyMountains at 8:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• HcG diet? Is that like the 100 year diet (If it wasn't considered a food 100 years ago, don't eat it)

I'm trying the if I can't make it in my own kitchen, don't eat it diet. If it takes 20 different chemicals made in a lab, then don't eat it diet. Its the addiditives that seem to be the big problem with the current American diet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• HCG diet looks scary. Injections of some weird crap & a 500 calorie daily diet??? I don't think so. any one can become anorexic & lose weight without having to call it an HCG diet. It's called anorexia.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Go to calorie count online. You can add everything you eat & it will add all the calories & nutritional value of what you are eating. It REALLY puts things into perspective when you notice all you've eaten is sodium, cholesterol, & sugar. I find myself eating fruits all day, just so that i can get necessary vitamins. Anyway, counting calories really helps me. I can see how much I've eaten, & sometimes when i am below my calorie intake, i can allow myself some ice cream without going over my calorie limit. You can also add exercise, & it will add the calories you burned away. I found this to be very helpful with my dieting. As long as you eat less calories & exercise, you will eventually begin to lose weight.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2010