hypoplastic

my dd unborn baby has hypoplastc....what is this.she told me not to google it but i did.i shouldnt have.....

cleo1977

Asked by cleo1977 at 8:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• c'mon ladies....i know its not good...
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• it depends on what kind of hypoplastic you're talking about... if it was her heart, which is most common, i think, it's the under-development of the tissues/organs in the left ventricle.. but there are other kinds of hypoplastic _______. hypoplastic is like an adjective...i.e.: "blue sky" but i'm also not a dr., and it is your dr.'s responsibility to explain this in thorough detail to you. best of luck..
    tierneyschrader

Answer by tierneyschrader at 9:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Is that all your dr told you? Did she just give you a diagnossis and then tell you not to Google it or did she explain what your case was like and then didn't want you to Google it to see others that were worse?

Googling for medical advice is dangerous because we aren't doctors and will find all sorts of horror stories online and convince ourselves it's the same as our case. If your dr explained your situation then just listen to her. If she didn't explain things to you then call back and get the answers you need so you can stop worrying yourself with worst case scenerios.

I wish you luck. My last pregnancy was high risk because at 7 weeks they found a mass on the umbilical chord. I spent 9 months worrying for nothing. The baby was was born completely healthy via c-section. The mass turned out to be a bubble that would have caused bleeding during a vaginal delivery. But with the c-section all was fine.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ok heres the thing....i am not the one thats pregnant...my daughter is.....yes its the heart....
    cleo1977

Answer by cleo1977 at 12:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• HLHS? Wow... I'm so sorry. It can be a fatal diagnosis, but there are children who have survived. There is an HLHS support group here on Cafemom. One of my VERY close friends had a daughter with Anencephaly last year (the head/brain is not fully formed and there is little to no skull surrounding the brain). She knew it was a fatal diagnosis but she chose to carry Carleigh to term anyhow. Her id is HoHaas... look her up. She would be MORE than happy to give your daughter/you some help and info on how to deal with news like this. Like I said, some kids HAVE survived with HLHS. Keep praying and Keep hoping for good things. Please pm me if you need anything.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2010