Is orange juice the best way to wake up baby for an ultrasound?

Im having my 20 week scan tomorow and I really,really want to find out the gender lol, but a few of my cousins went in for theirs not too long ago and the babies wouldnt show, so I really want mine to be awake and moving... I heard that OJ wakes them up within 15 mins... do u know if this is true? Also did anyone else go for their scan and baby wouldnt cooperate?
thanks all

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I drank an ice tea and the ultrasound tech called her "wild woman" All her moving made it difficult for the tech to get the pic of one part of her heart, though, but she did get it in the end.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i had a 4d done in my 18 weeks and i drank oj and and she still was not really letting us see but she finally moved her legs alittle bit and thats when we found out she was a girl when i went into my dr 22 weeks for there ultrasound i was told glad you found out before cause shes not letting us see but i have to go back next month to see how she grown shes a head

i would oj before i think thats what help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't think there's a any special drinks or foods that makes babies in general move. Each baby is different. When my had my boy, he would wiggle if I ate anything cold. This time, it's anything sour.
    TotallyWarped

Answer by TotallyWarped at 10:17 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• LOL I tried eating a WHOLE KING SIZED CANDY BAR and she still didn't more that much for the tec... She even had my lay on my side for 10 minutes hoping she would move but she didn't lol... we did get to see that it was a girl... lol but I still have to go back in a couple weeks when I am 24 weeks so she can finish measuring things that she couldn't get a couple weeks ago..lol at least I get to see her again!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 12:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• When I had to have non stress tests every week to check the baby's movement they always had me drink ice water to wake her up. It did seem to work.
    coppersoul

Answer by coppersoul at 10:58 AM on Mar. 26, 2010