chain letters/text how do you feel about it?

I am super po about a message i received this morning from no less than my niece. I went off on a text back to her. I was so upset I cried. I text it back to my brother with a very thouhght out message after I honestly dont think he will respond to it or me. He thinks everything is a joke and just doesnt see things my way.
We can all agree that we love are children and hate to see then hurt but what about those dam text that are chain and include stuff pertaining to our children or family. I feel they arent a funny joke. Regardless of what it says. I started shacking. I just cant explain the over whelming scenes of fear, hurt, anger that i got. What is your opinion on this. Am i over reacting? How do you feel about this?

sweetpeas4

Asked by sweetpeas4 at 9:28 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They stink and I just avoid them. You can tell in the beginning it is a chain letter or text.

Myth, You make your own luck. That does not destroy it.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I hate them. Though my response is generally telling the first time offender "Please do not send chain letters or texts. I do not like them, no matter the message. Thank you very much for your understanding." I generally don't get a second chain letter/text from them. I wouldn't have gone off on a kid sending a chain letter/text just because they usually are just following the chain.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Don't respond cuz that's what feeds the senders egos. You know the truth. Save the email as proof that it's been sent since its a threateing one. But do not respond by saying you're not forwarding it on to anyone therefore you're breaking it. Just save it for proof of threats if needed by printing it out after forwarding to an email address from your cell or save it as a text but texts don't save for ever.

Your family sounds like mine, gossipy and ready to hurt at a breath's notice. I ignore my extended family, we gather only when I can go to their houses that way I can leave when I want to with my kids.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I hate them!! I especially hate the hoax ones about kids. I don't usually get upset like you do, but what I do is find the information that says it is a hoax and then I "reply all" with the correct information so EVERY ONE that got the message sees that it is BS and they don't pass it on. After I started that, I get a LOT less BS forward emails. (I think the people that were sending all of them got embarrassed and now they think twice before sending stuff that may not be true)
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My niece is not a child she is a grown women. Sorry to have lead you to belive she was a minor she is not.
    sweetpeas4

Answer by sweetpeas4 at 9:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I hate them but I just delete them.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:46 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• this wasnt a threatning email/text it was ill mannered and stupid. concerning a person whom past and seaking revenge on of those. wheather its true or not it still crazy.
    sweetpeas4

Answer by sweetpeas4 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Sorry, I just replied, then I saw your answer that she's a grown woman, not a child, so that changes my answer :-)

I don't like chain mail either, and thankfully, I don't get a lot of them, for the same reason one of the pp's said - I either ignore them or I reply explaining that it's a hoax. lol, for awhile I had a relative send me all her chain mail, too, because she didn't know how to check to see if it was a hoax - then I taught her how to use Snope ;-)

I don't think I would have gone off on her though. I think I would have just said "You know I love you, and I care about what's going on with you, but I really don't have the time, energy, or interest in chain mail, and it tends to just clutter up my inbox so I miss the more personal messages, so please don't forward anything on to me. BUT - I would LOVE to hear how you're doing - how did ___ go?"
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I hate them and delete them.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:55 AM on Mar. 24, 2010