AHHHHH !!!!

I just started watching my "friends" 2 year old kid ( she is marrying into the family) ...and so I am watching him a few days a week while she does wedding things and stuff......

She told me do not spank him ( which i wouldnt anyways) and not to put him in time out or anything like that

well its not working !!!! He si sooo bad ! My kids are not angels, but OMG he does not listen at all, he is MEAN ! He smacks my son ( who is younger), tries to smack me, throws things, breaks toys, tried to push the tv over, did push a chair over and broke it !

She begged me to watch him, because she didnt have anyone else "she trusted" ... and I dont want to make bad blood, but I cant do it anymore, how do I tell her to get her kid out of here !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Explain it to her the things he is doing and let her know you do not mind watching him but ask her what she does to get him to listen.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• This probably why he is such a hellion, no discipline. Tell her to find some other soft hearted liberal to watch her brat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would ask her how you are suppose to disapline him when he acts up. If she can't give you a way to disapline him then inform her that you can't watch him. Make sure to be nice about everything. Good Luck
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Put him in time out, who cares what she says! Thats why he is so bad she prob just lets him do whatever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ........no one said I was a lib.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• when u first started watching him, I asked what she does when hes bad and she said to only say NO NO NO .....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Explain to her nicely.

Your child must follow the same rules as my children. If you do time out, the kid must do time out. You can not have her child coming in disrupting your life.

The only way you will watch the kid, is if she allows you to displine the child with out hitting the child, and post house rules, make it clear that you can't let him get away with things you don't allow your children to do. Because it is disrupting your home.

If she don't get it then, she needs to find another sitter. Owell, your kids are more important. Do you want your kids to learn bad habits, and keep a friend? What is more important to you? Good luck!!!! This is a tough situation. If she is a real friend she will under stand.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:47 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Make up an excuse why you can't and then always be busy when she asks in the future. I can't watch my best friends kids. The one is too aggressive and the baby is just gross. She always has infections and rashes on her. Her mom doesn't go to a regular doctor so she doesn't even know what kind of crud this is. She just uses remedies from some health store. The baby always comes by me and wants me to touch her. Afterwards I have to go home and shower like Karen Silkwood. EWW! So far we have been able to keep a comfortable distance without me having to tell her just how bad it really is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would tell her quite frankly that I have rules and I will discipline when necessary.  If she wants me to watch her child then her child has to live by the same rules as my child or else she finds someone else.  This is non-negotiable!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:59 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I would tell her you have to discipline him in a way that is satisfactory to BOTH of you or you can't watch him. You can't take chances that he's going to hurt your own children.

Your house, your rules. In this case your rules are that you and mother decide together on a way of enforcing NO to lo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Mar. 24, 2010