Should I just drop our friendship?

I have this "friend" who I have known for almost 2 years now and we spend alot of time together. Our kids play with eachother, we all go places and we are both sahm so we really bonded. Well I basically tell her a lot of things that I feel she can be trusted with but when she tells me things, it's always "Oh I was just playing". I don't know what to believe when she tells me anything. It's almost as if she doesn't trust me. I have never ran my mouth about anything she has told me. So I don't understand her. Question is, should I just let go of the friendship? I told her to keep it real with me and I don't like to play games. Too old for that. I always keep it real with my friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it means she feels either her problems are worse than yours but is afraid to tell or that she feels your problems are worse than hers. Either way I'd stop sharing personal information, step back and see if she opens up about her life. Maybe she's with you to share kids as friends but she feels you need a venting friend so she just listens to you.

I'd be careful though what to share with her. Listen to her cues and focus on a one on one friendshp with her about gatherings for kids and you and her but don't include private information.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Good luck!!!

A real friend will keep it real. My old saying is your best friend is your worst enemy... LOL, they no everything about you.

What is the diffrence anyway, maybe she is embarrassed by the things she tells you, or ashamed so she tries to cover it up. I would talk to her, don't loose a friend over that. If she don't get it, then move on but stay friends and keep your really personal things to a real friend. Everyone is diffrent and I have a friend for 23 years who is still hanging out, no kids. We will be friends for life, and no matter what i am here for her. She has her life, and I have mine. I can't change her, but we will always be friends.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 9:52 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Perhaps she feels that if something she told you will get back to her husband somehow, he'll be angry with her for talking to you about it. I'd just let her know that you don't know what's truth and fiction sometimes and you would like her to be truthful with you always because you're friends...and then I'd still limit what I would tell her about your personal matters too.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:56 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• She is probably insecure. It's all about communication. You should not drop a friend because communication sucks, you should try to make the communication better. Tell her you think it's weird when she does that because you are not sure whether you can take that information seriously. Tell her what you told us. If she drops you for being honest, then let it be. But, it could make a good friendship. All y'all need is better communication & honesty about how you feel. Without that, a friendship cannot be a good friendship.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• The only friend that gets to know everything about me is my bf who I have known for 16 years. She has proved herself trustworthy. Any other friend only gets to know surface information regardless of how much they tell me or how much we hang out. Perhaps this gal is like that as well. Some of us like to keep our personal issues personal.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2010