Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child support modification

does anyone know much about it? i live in another state than my children. can i go to social services in the state i live in to do the modification or do i have to apply in the state where my children reside?

Answer Question

Asked by jjba at 9:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • call the child support enforcement office in your state. They should be able to direct you.

    Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • usually it is the state where the child resides or where the original was filed. but all states are different.

    Answer by Soniam301 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • You have to file for the modification with the state that is handling the case. Originally. It may differ by the State you live in but where I live you can file for a modification every 3 years.

    Answer by Shellness at 10:26 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

  • thank you

    Answer by jjba at 11:53 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.