Anyone try Lexapro?

I've had a couple of Dr.'s appointments lately. I was given some samples of Lexapro. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to share on this? Good or bad Etc... I'd be honored for you to share your thoughts with me! Thank you for anything in advance!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I was on it,only for about 2 months though. For me, it did not work. It didn't seem to make any difference at all. My mom was on it for about a year and she said it worked really well for her.The best for me seemed to be Cymbalta. I'm on Zoloft right now because I'm pregnant and thats the safest to take during pregnancy and that actually seems to be working too. I think it is different for everyone,how the pills interact with the chemicals and hormones in your own body. Sometimes it just takes trial and error to figure out what is best for you.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:18 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I FELT LIKE A ZOMBIE .....!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I don't think any anti-depressant works. Those things are very dangerous and can cause more harm than good. Have you tried any St. John's Wort?
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 10:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I didn't like it. It made me feel like a zombie. I didn't feel anything at all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:34 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Both my husband and I used it. For both of us it worked wonders. I got off it because eventually I didn't need it anymore. My husband takes it every once in a while to deal with high stress periods. I think he would be taking it regularly if he has insurance and we could get it for him. But for him, it was the only one that worked after trying several of them.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Oh, I'd like to add that we both used it to help anxiety and depression.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 10:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• i used it and it made my anxiety basically go away....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I have been using it for a year now. I feel more like a better version of me. I was having these horrible days around my period where I was sad and depressed. However I now can see that my whole life was affected by depression. I can see I sleep more than I should and am a bit lazy which is a part of me that I need to deal with. However I can be slightly annoyed with things that would have made me angry for days before.
    If you would like to discuss it more please feel free to p.m. me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• ArkTech... that is just your opinion. People should be just as careful taking OTC meds b/c they don't have the same effect on certain people... especially different races believe it or not.

OP: I haven't taken Lexapro, but my husband has. It caused headaches for him. I've taken Paxil, Zoloft, Effexor, Cymbalta and Pristiq. I really like Pristiq b/c it is weight neutral and it has a quicker onset than some of the others. You may need to try a few anti-depressants b/f you find one that's right for you. Just remember to give each one a few weeks to get the full effect b/f you decide it is/isn't for you. I think Lexapro works better as an anti-anxiety med than anti-depressant, but the effects are different for different people. Good Luck
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• No, it's not an opinion it's a fact that they are dangerous.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 1:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2010