ugh stressed to high end someone shine a little light please!!!

ok where do i start... we found a place its awesome 4 bedrooms 1 1/2 bathrooms amazing and for 650 a month you could beat it so when we went an looked at it trying to think neg when we got there it turned out to be a diamond in the ruff we loved it so much we told the guy we wanted it and if we cold give him a sec dep. to hold the place till april 1st and he agreed saying it was ours then well the next day we met an signed the lease and handed over the sec dep. at that time he told us he would get us the key as soon as he changed the locks because the hold on was bad..(an it was) so we could start moving some stuff in... problem is hes hasnt gotten back to us an we been calling every day and he wont answer or return our call.. we leave messages and i also need to get ahold of him because of the electric but still no answer hubby thinks he ran off with out money what do i do?????

mwzraekebrats

Asked by mwzraekebrats at 10:30 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in About CafeMom

• That really sucks, I'm sorry. Sounded like a GREAT deal.
    Is there an address listed for him? I would try to go to him at his business address, and if I couldn't find him there, I'd find his home address!
    If you absolutely can't find him, contact the authorities.
    Do you have any copies of signed documents?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Do you know where he lives? You might go to the house and see if there's a note or something.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• How long has it been since you last had contact with him?
    That really sucks,I'd be upset and concerned to. Don't give up, maybe there is good reason,maybe he 's in the hospital or something. You never know. You have the signed lease,right? If you can't reach him by the end of the week,go to the authorities. It could have been a scam artist. People can be so shady sometimes. That is horrible if that ends up to be the case. I really hope not. Good Luck,I hope he finally gets hold of you and everything turns out okay.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:41 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• we signed a lease it starts april 1st an end march 31st... i try telling my hubby he dosnt have to give us a key untill the 1st by law and we shouldnt be calling him every day im sure hes getting annoyed with us.. but he has it in his head he ran off with our money the only address he gave us was a pobox where his renters should mail there rent every month.. i do know he owns a car dealership out around us but not sure what its called
    mwzraekebrats

Answer by mwzraekebrats at 10:43 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• oh no tell me you gave a check --- if you know where owner lives do a drive by and stop by... If he's not there ask his neighbors just saying he's your landlord and you want to pay him rent -don't say anything else so you don't get slammed for badmouthing him...

I'd do the same thing with the rental property -ask people around that property if they've seen him.

Even if you paid with a money order you might still be able to cancel it.

If he did run away with your money call the police and get a lawyer. Good luck!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• omg he called me back!!!
    mwzraekebrats

Answer by mwzraekebrats at 10:57 AM on Mar. 24, 2010