Quick crock pot question

I forgot to get my roast and potatoes and everything in the crockpot last night before going to bed.

I am no good at judging time and such. It is now 10:10am. If I throw the roast and everything in now, will it be done for supper time, which we normally eat between about 5:30-6:30.

mom_love07

Asked by mom_love07 at 11:11 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It usually takes 9 hours on low to cook roast and potatoes or 4 hours on high.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:12 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Depends on what setting you use. I usually start mine on low and turn it up to high if I begin to think it will take too long..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I think you'll be ok, I'd do it on low until about 4, then put it up to high for the last hour or two.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:13 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I just did this on sunday, and i put it in at 8 and it was ready by 3. The roast wasn't fall apart, but the potatos and carrots were perfect. So get it in now girly!!!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Thanks ladies. It totally slipped my mind last night before bed. And I still didn't remember it this morning, glad I did before we left.

I was thinking it should be ok. I have done this before, but I don't remember if it was a roast or something else in the crock pot.

I am going to be out for a few hours this afternoon, going to a local kids museum with my mil, will probably be gone a good 4 hours or so, from noon til probably 4 or so. So I'll start it now, on low and put it on high before leaving...
    mom_love07

Answer by mom_love07 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• put it on high
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 11:50 AM on Mar. 24, 2010