One my high school teachers/coach/mentor died. I want to send a condolence card to his family, but don't know what to say.. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Dear _____

I wish to offer my condolences on the loss of ___________. Mr. _________ meant a lot to me in high school. (Add an example of how this person touched/changed your life). My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this sad time.

Sincerely,
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 11:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• School systems are weird. Check with school to see if it is okay first. A similiar thing happened to a lady who sent a card to a teachers house and got in alot of trouble. The card was harmless but she received a lot of flack from it.
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 11:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Great example, Keksie. I think that is totally appropriate and I am sure it will mean a lot to the family.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 12:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I agree w/ Keksie. Just simply state that how he/she had an impact on you in school and offer your condolences.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2010