what can uncooked sausage do to you if you eat it???

I have sausage links on the counter to dethaw then I was going to put them in the fridge until dinner well while I was doing laundry my 2 year old took them off the counter and took maybe 2 bites out of one. What can or will happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Most likely nothing, but there's always the chance for something. If it's pork sausage, there's the chance for toxoplasmosis. If it's chicken or turkey sausage you have the chance for salmonella. I wouldn't really worry too much but if she starts to show signs of being sick, I would call the doctor immediately and let them know what she ate.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 25, 2010

• ugh. not good. ew. the things kids will eat,lol.
    well, there is or can be bad bacteria that will make a person sick when they eat raw,uncooked food. There may or may not have been a presence of ecoli.
    I would give the pediatrician a call and ask what type of symptoms you should keep your eyes open for just in case it causes him/her to get sick.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:19 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Girl, nothing
    Godswk

Answer by Godswk at 11:31 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• thanks ladies nothing happened to her thank god
    Anonymous