Why is my jobless Boyfriend insecure?

My boyfriend is so insecure that he accuses me at least once a week that I am cheating on him. Last week he said I was cheating because I didnt want to have sex...I work a full-time job, attend college full-time(2x a week) and raise a 2 year old. This week my daughter father decided to get her for 2 weeks and I met up with him before I went to wrk. My bf said that I didnt call him while I was meeting her father and that I vanish for an hour with my childs father in an hotel room. I know that he is insecure but DAMN.....when is this shit going to end. BTW..I already know that I need to leave him if he doesnt have a job but when you love someone its easier said then done.

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 11:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2010 in Relationships

• Ummm B/c, hes jobless.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• sounds like the pot calling the kettle black to me. Maybe he's the one cheating
    Shellness

Answer by Shellness at 11:36 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• I know that already....but what can I do other than leaving his behind.
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:37 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You can't do anything. He sounds like he's very controlling. He is the one with problems. Unless he can face it & get help, you cant do anything except kick him out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• Shellness I totally agree....
    mom42107

Answer by mom42107 at 11:39 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• You need to let him know that he is driving you nuts. Remind him that you love him and are faithful...just one reminder. Then warn him that if he continues his crap you will no longer be around to listen to it. He sounds like a crazy jealous wife...
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:40 AM on Mar. 24, 2010

• b/c he's jobless. Men have the macho thing going on. When my DH was out of work for 4 months it was like the world was crumbling around him. He was irritable, depressed, over-emotional, sensitive, accusatory, etc. It all came back to him being insecure b/c he wasn't able to provide for his family and do the "manly thing" at that time. Not my business, but why is he jobless? Was he laid off? Was he fired? Is he sick? I think men have a harder time with unemployment when it wasn't a direct result of their actions b/c they know they were doing their part and they were kind of screwed over. Men are like dogs (no offense) they need praise... constantly. Even though WE'D like to get more praise, they're the ones who actually need it more. They CONSTANTLY need to be reassured that they're worthy, they're doing a good job, you need them, etc. Especially in a situation like this. Good Luck!!!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• "Ummm B/c, hes jobless. "

x2.
    Anonymous

• He's insecure because he is jobless and has no ambition to ever better himself. Making you feel bad about yourself or accusing you of cheating is his way of making himself feel better. When will it end? It won't. This is his personality and if I were you, I would leave him and run run run far away. Also, from personal experience, a guy that is constantly accusing his girlfriend/'wife of cheating on him is most likely the one doing the cheating. Think about it. You go to school, to work, you have a child. What is he doing with all his "spare" time while you are busy? You need to move on, he is contributing nothing good to your relationship and will be a bad influence on your child.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2010

• My second husband was jealous and controlling like that, except way way worse. He never changed. He's on his third wife and is still the same insecure butt hole he always was.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 4:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2010